Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Purple....

I have been thinking alot about purple lately. I just love that color. Deep, dark grape purple just sends me.
Maybe it was the pairing of purple with Halloween decorations that got me in the mood, I don't know. But I came home from work the other day and decided, just like that, we were going to have a purple powder room!

This is an arrangement of silk hydrangeas, and beaded "peacock" feathers I put in a glass tile purple and turquiose vase and set on the back of the toilet. When I use a toilet seat cover for extra color I always put them on the front of the seat. I don't know about your house, but it is a cinch no one here will put the lid down so that the color will show!


I painted the oil painting of lilacs myself, more years ago than I care to remember, and I always kept it because of the purple color, with beautiful lime green. The basket has a lovely purple ruffle pillow with a smaller off white roll pillow with a really nifty Mardis Gras mask perched in between. I hung a turq lantern for a tea light and left my old granite ware pitcher. I still want a clock by the lantern and the perfect frame hung with purple satin ribbon on this side of my painting.





I hope you enjoyed my purple moment! I will give you the updated photos, as I find the finishing accessories!
Hugs and confidence,

Lisa

5 comments:

  1. YOur purple accessories are all lovely. Love the flowers and the pretty embroidery. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous post! Love your space. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an inviting powder room (if you can say that about a powder room!!). LOVE your painting! I hope you are still painting...that is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for finding all the right accessories that you love! Purple is such a pretty color, and you'll love your bathroom! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too fun! You know I am loving this!
    Thanks for your sweet comments about Halloween. It has been so much fun!

    ReplyDelete